Telephone - 0752 830 7996
Email - info@harryelliott.com

portsmouthanglicancathedral

Portsmouth Anglican Cathedral

Website - Click Here Telephone - 023 9282 3300 Portsmouth Anglican Cathedral is a medieval building, cruciform in shape with a square tower over the crossing, was built of assorted stone including Caen and Binstead. It was consecrated in two stages: chancel and nave by Bishop Toclyve of Winchester in 1188, and the two transept altars and churchyard on the 12th March 1196 by Godfrey de Lucy, Toclyve's successor. The style of the architecture is known as "transitional", between Norman and Early English. The chapel served the spiritual needs of the sea-faring community based on the Camber and also for Gisor's family chantry masses. The church is very big and has lots of natural light spilling from the large stain glass windows which make for great photographs.  

Back to Venues